THIS FUCKIN HAPPENED TO ME ONE TIME! AND I SWEAR TO GOD I WOKE UP AND WALKED TO SCHOOL LIKE 20 TIMES BUT I DIED EVERY TIME BEFORE I MADE IT, SO WHEN I FINALLY GOT UP I WALKED TO SCHOOL SO DAMN CAREFULLY I WAS NEARLY HIT BY A CAR -.-
So….I totally never thought about this. I’m sure very few of you have. I don’t know about you, but I’m a bit disturbed…
Wow. Food for thought. I’m sure there’s an answer though.
Their names were translated/Anglicized after going from Greek to English.
The names of the Apostles are of Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew origins. The Hebrew, Aramaic and “Greek” named Apostles were:
Shim’on = Simon (Hebrew origin).
Y’hochanan = John (Hebrew origin).
Mattithyahu = Matthew (Hebrew origin).
Ya’aqov = James (Hebrew origin meaning Jacob).
Bar-Tôlmay = Bartholomew (Aramaic, which is related to Hebrew).
Judah = Jude / Saint Jude (not to be confused with Judas Iscariot, Hebrew origin).
Yehuda = Judas Iscariot (Hebrew origin, Betrayed Yeshua/Yehosua the Messiah).
Cephas / Kephas = Peter (Hebrew / Aramaic origin meaning “Rock”).
Tau’ma = Thomas (Aramaic origin).
Andrew = Andrew (Greek origin. Is the brother of Cephas / Kephas).
Phillip = Phillip (Greek origin).
You will note that there are only 11 names, that is because there were 2 Apostles named Ya’aqov (James), which brings the total to 12 apostles.
learning more from tumblr than college
also, “Jesus” is really Yeshua
Those names are “translated” in every language, for instance in French they’re respectively: Simon, Jean, Matthieu, Jacques, Barthélémy, Jude, Judas, Pierre, Thomas, André, Philippe. And Jésus.
i’m so upset
I just realized that the reason ghosts say Boo! is because it’s a latin verb
they’re literally saying ‘I alarm/I am alarming/I do alarm!!
if it comes from the latin word, they’re actually saying “I’M YELLING!” which is even cuter
do they speak latin because it’s a dead language
Miley: “Dad I have something for Tanners bug collection”
my uncle: “that’s great”
Miley: “it’s a bird”
my uncle: “no its not”
They let it go and it flew away just fine, so we’re wondering how she caught it.
she caught another bird.
update: she caught a squirrel today
She is gonna rule the world one day with this power
The 1960s was a decade that began on 1 January 1960 and ended on 31 December 1969. The 1960s was also refers to an era more often called The Sixties, denoting the complex of inter-related cultural and political trends around the globe. This “cultural decade” is more…
Wanna be nosy, here's your chance.
- 0: Height
- 1: Virgin?
- 2: Shoe size
- 3: Do you smoke?
- 4: Do you drink?
- 5: Do you take drugs?
- 6: Age you get mistaken for
- 7: Have tattoos?
- 8: Want any tattoos?
- 9: Got any piercings?
- 10: Want any piercings?
- 11: Best friend?
- 12: Relationship status
- 13: Biggest turn ons
- 14: Biggest turn offs
- 15: Favorite movie
- 16: I’ll love you if
- 17: Someone you miss
- 18: Most traumatic experience
- 19: A fact about your personality
- 20: What I hate most about myself
- 21: What I love most about myself
- 22: What I want to be when I get older
- 23: My relationship with my sibling(s)
- 24: My relationship with my parent(s)
- 25: My idea of a perfect date
- 26: My biggest pet peeves
- 27: A description of the girl/boy I like
- 28: A description of the person I dislike the most
- 29: A reason I’ve lied to a friend
- 30: What I hate the most about work/school
- 31: What your last text message says
- 32: What words upset me the most
- 33: What words make me feel the best about myself
- 34: What I find attractive in women
- 35: What I find attractive in men
- 36: Where I would like to live
- 37: One of my insecurities
- 38: My childhood career choice
- 39: My favorite ice cream flavor
- 40: Who I wish I could be
- 41: Where I want to be right now
- 42: The last thing I ate
- 43: Sexiest person that comes to my mind immediately
- 44: A random fact about anything